AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 – The admission to MBBS courses offered by Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is to be done on the basis of NEET scores. AFMC MBBS admission application process has commenced from July 03 to July 12, 2017. The admission of AFMC MBBS 2017 is conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). On the basis of NEET merit, DGHS will shortlist candidates for the screening test at AFMC, Pune to be held on July 18. AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 is to be conducted for admission to MBBS courses offered in Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The AFMC Medical Admission 2017 to be done for around 130 MBBS available in medical college. Out of the total number of MBBS seats, a total 105 and 25 seats are reserved for boys and for girls respectively. Based on NEET 2017 scores and screening test, two merit list will be prepared by AFMC; one each for boys and girls respectively. The candidates included in the merit list will have to complete the admission procedure. Candidates who wish to appear in AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 must check the eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, counselling procedure and more from the article below.
Latest: AFMC 2017 Application Form is available now!
Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS for Armed Forces Medical College must fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below.
Nationality: A candidate has to be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of India origin can also apply for the admissions, only if they acquire Indian Citizenship or if the Ministry of Home Affairs issues an eligibility certificate.
Note: Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are also eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
Age: The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on December 31, 2017, but should not be more that 24 years. Candidates should have been born not earlier that January 01, 1994 and not later than December 31, 2000
Academic Qualifications: Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination mentioned below in first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. Candidates must not secure less than 60% aggregate in three main subjects and not less than 50% in English and 50% marks in science subjects. It is mandatory to qualify Mathematics in class 10. The qualifying examinations are:
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in science from statutory university or recognised board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English. Any other examination equivalent to XIIth examination or pre-professional/pre-medical examination.
- Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination after class 12 with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- The candidates must have completed 1st year of three years degree course from a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- B.sc. Examination from a recognised Indian University must be provided proving that the candidates have passed B.sc. Examination
- Candidates who appeared or will be appearing in qualifying examination can also apply.
- If the candidates have not offered Mathematics in final year, but have studied up to class 10, are eligible to apply for AFMC MBBS Admission 2017. Candidates who studied Mathematics in I.sc or B.sc exam can also apply
Martial Status: The candidate must be unmarried. While pursuing MBBS marrying is not permitted.
Medically Fit: The candidates should be medically fit as per the prescribed standards of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
The application form of AFMC MBBS 2017 has been made available on July 03. The eligible candidates who are interested in AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 must have to register themselves before July 12. AFMC MBBS application form 2017 is made available by Directorate General of Health Services. Candidates have to fill the AFMC MBBS 2017 application form before the due date. AFMC MBBS online registration process can be done in five stages – registrations, filling of qualifications and personal details, uploading of photograph and signature and paying of application fee. It must be noted that no admission will be granted without submission or incomplete submission of application form.
Candidates can check all the important dates of AFMC MBBS 2017 to stay updated with the events. It helps the candidates to avoid missing any important admission process.
|S. No.||AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Information bulletin available from||July 01, 2017|
|2.||Online Registration starts||July 03, 2017|
|3.||Last date of submission of application form (without late fees)||July 12, 2017|
|4.||List of candidates selected for screening||July 13, 2017|
|5.||Screening at AFMC, Pune||July 18, 2017 onwards|
|6.||Publication of AFMC MBBS merit list||July 29, 2017|
|7.||Reporting of selected candidates for admission||Between July 31 to Aug 03, 2017|
|8.||Reporting of waitlisted candidates subject to vacancy||August 07 to Aug 10,
|9.||Admissions||August 04, 2017|
The counselling of AFMC MBBS 2017 will be done in two stages. First of all, the registered candidates will be shortlisted for the screening test at AFMC, Pune. The candidates selected for screening test will be published on July 13, 2017. Around 1500 candidates (1200 boys and 300 girls) will be selected for screening. During the screening, an interview will be held at AFMC, Pune. The candidates will also be required to furnish originals of certificate & mark sheets, NEET admit card, NEET score card, original certificate of NCC. The marks secured in NEET UG 2017 will be merged with screening to prepare the merit list.
Highlights of AFMC MBBS 2017 Counselling
- The registered candidates will be selected for screening as per their NEET scores
- Based on marks in NEET and screening, the merit list will be prepared
- As per the merit rank admission is to be granted in AFMC Pune
- At the time of admission, candidates must furnish the original NEET admit card, copy of AFMC MBBS application form, original mark sheet and other asked documents
- In case of vacant seats, candidates from waiting list will be called for AFMC MBBS Admission 2017
The merit list of AFMC MBBS 2017 will be made available on July 29. It is to be prepared by admission committee of Armed Forces Medical College. AFMC MBBS merit list will be prepared on the basis of NEET scores and screening at AFMC, Pune. The admission committee will publish two merit list; one for boys and one for girls. AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 to be granted to 130 candidates (105 boys and 25 girls) as per their final merit rank. The shortlisted candidates will be required to join AFMC as per the prescribed schedule. All the remaining candidates will be included in waitlist. If the seats will be left vacant, candidates from waitlist will be called for admission.
Stay tuned to, http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for more information on AFMC MBBS Admission 2017.
For any doubt or query, comment down below.,