AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result – AIIMS has released the result for its MBBS entrance test on June 15, 2017. The AIIMS MBBS result 2017 is available in PDF format in the form of merit list. AIIMS MBBS 2017 result is available in two PDFs i.e. an overall rank-wise list and roll number-wise list. Download AIIMS entrance test result from this page. The result of AIIMS MBBS entrance test will provide the details of the candidate’s roll number, overall rank, category, OPH, subject-wise percentile and overall percentile. A total of 4905 medical aspirants made it to the first counselling rounds of the Institute. The candidates whose roll numbers are mentioned in the merit list will be eligible to participate in the first round of counselling. The first round of AIIMS MBBS counselling will start from July 03 and will conclude on July 06, 2017. After the conduct of the first counselling rounds, if seats are available, then the second round of counselling will be held. However, shortlisted candidates must note that they must fulfill all the eligibility norms as mentioned in the prospectus. There are seven branches of AIIMS, which are located in New Delhi, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh and Raipur. There is a total of 707 MBBS seats and AIIMS New Delhi has increased seven seats for foreign candidates. Also, 100 more MBBS seats will be granted in the other six AIIMS. Know more about the AIIMS MBBS 2017 result from this page.
AIIMS MBBS Toppers 2017 check here
Download AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result
|S. No.||AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result||Downloading Link|
|1.||AIIMS MBBS Rank-wise result 2017||Click Here|
|2.||AIIMS MBBS Roll Number-wise result 2017||Click Here|
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Toppers
This year, around 2,84,737 medical aspirants appeared for AIIMS MBBS entrance test. Out of these candidates, only 4905 candidates are being shortlisted for the first round of counselling. The list of top 10 rank holders in AIIMS MBBS 2017 are provided in the table below –
|Name||Roll Number||City||Rank||Overall Percentile|
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result Dates
Candidates can check the important dates of AIIMS MBBS result 2017 below. It will help the candidates to avoid missing any crucial events.
|S. No.||AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result Events||Important Dates|
|1.||AIIMS MBBS was held on||May 28, 2017|
|2.||Declaration of AIIMS MBBS Result||June 15, 2017|
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result – Steps to check
The procedure mentioned below helps candidates to check AIIMS MBBS result 2017. Check the method below.
- The link to check AIIMS MBBS result is provided in the table below
- The rank-wise and roll number-wise AIIMS MBBS 2017 result is available in PDF form
- By clicking on the link, candidates can check AIIMS MBBS result 2017
- Candidates must search their roll number, total and subject-wise percentile score and rank from the merit list
- Thereafter, download AIIMS MBBS 2017 result for future references
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result – Details mentioned
The AIIMS MBBS result 2017 comprise of the following details, which are:
- AIIMS MBBS Roll Number
- All India Rank
- Total Percentile scores
- Subject-wise percentile scores
- Category of candidates
- Date of AIIMS MBBS counselling
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result Forms
It must be noted that AIIMS MBBS result 2017 has been made available available in two forms – rank-wise result and roll number-wise result.
AIIMS MBBS Rank-wise Result 2017 – The rank-wise AIIMS MBBS result includes the name of candidates as per their rank obtained in examination. The rank-wise result displays the All India Rank of candidates, roll number, percentile scores, category, name and counselling dates.
AIIMS MBBS Roll Number-wise Result 2017 – The roll number-wise result of AIIMS MBBS 2017 mentions names of qualified candidates who secured the minimum qualified criteria. The roll number-wise result includes the details of candidates as per the qualifying criteria set by the authority.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Cutoff (Qualifying marks)
The cutoff of AIIMS MBBS 2017 is minimum qualifying marks which must be secured by the candidates in order to pass the entrance examination. Only the candidates who secured the minimum qualifying cutoff marks are considered qualified in AIIMS MBBS 2017 as per their category. Candidates can check AIIMS MBBS 2017 cutoff marks in the table below.
|S.No||Category||AIIMS MBBS Cutoff|
|2.||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||45%|
|4.||OPH||Cutoff of the respective Category|
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result – Normalization Procedure
AIIMS MBBS result has been calculated through normalization procedure. AIIMS MBBS 2017 was held in two shifts on May 28, in two online mode. Therefore, the normalization procedure is adopted to prepare AIIMS MBBS merit list 2017. Based on percentile scores, normalization method was followed. The total percentile of each candidate from both shifts was merged for preparation of AIIMS MBBS 2017 merit list. In case to ties between two or more candidates, tie-breaker mechanism was followed.
Percentile Scores: The percentile scores are based on the performance of candidates appeared in the entrance examination. The marks obtained by the candidates appeared in each shift is transferred into a scale ranging from 100 to 0. The percentile scores consist the percentage of candidates who have secured equal to or below the highest score percentile in examination. The toppers of each shift will get 100 percentile. If the percentile of two shifts will be unequal, the lower from both will be the eligibility cutoff for all category candidates.
For example: If the 50% marks correspond to a percentile score of 90 in shift 1 and percentile score for shift 2 is 88. Thus, the candidates equal to or above 88 percentile (score 100 to 88) from both the shifts will be eligible in general category. For other categories, the similar method will be followed.
Preparation of AIIMS MBBS Result for each Shift
The examination result of each shift has been prepared on the basis of following:
- Raw Scores
- Percentiles (up to 7 decimal places) – The total percentile and percentile of all four subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge) will be prepared separately
Note: The total percentile should not be an aggregate or average of subject-wise percentile.
Calculation of Percentile
Candidates must check the method of calculating the total and subject-wise percentiles below. The following 05 percentiles was calculated for each student.
In the below formula, let us assume
T = total marks obtained in AIIMS MBBS
S1 = marks in Biology
S2 = marks in Chemistry
S3 = marks in Physics
S4 = marks in General Knowledge
As per the formula is shown below, AIIMS, New Delhi, will calculate the percentile scores of each candidate.
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result
- AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result has been announced in online mode
- Normalization procedure is followed to determine the Merit list of AIIMS MBBS 2017
- The category-wise AIIMS MBBS merit list is available, which are – common merit list, scheduled caste merit list, scheduled tribe merit list and other backward class merit list.
- The total number of candidate to be called in for counselling will be 4 times the number of seats available in each category.
- Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Selected candidates must required be required to go through a medical check-up at AIIMS by a Medical Board consisting of Faculty Member set up by the respective institute.
The merit list of AIIMS MBBS 2017 is prepared on the basis of AIIMS MBBS result. As per the result, 04 types of AIIMS MBBS merit list is available, which are as follows:
- Common Merit List – As per the Government of India on July 01, 1998, the SC/ST/OBC candidates who are selected with the same admission procedure applied for general categories, cannot be granted seats under reserved vacant seats.
- Scheduled Caste Candidates List – The candidates who belong to scheduled caste candidates and have qualified AIIMS MBBS 2017 are listed in scheduled caste candidates list.
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates List – Candidates under scheduled tribe category and have qualified AIIMS MBBS 2017 are to be listed in this list.
- Other Backward Classes Candidates List – All the OBC category candidates who qualify entrance test are listed in other backward classes candidates list.
Note: All the reserved category candidates, who are included in open (general) merit list, must attend the counselling for admission in open category seats. The open (general) merit list will have the candidates 04 times of the open category seats, i.e. up to rank number 1348. If such candidates will not be present at the time of AIIMS MBBS counselling, or refuse to accept the seats, then, they will not be allowed to participate in counselling for reserved category seats.
For more details on AIIMS MBBS 2017 Merit List, click on the link provided on the heading.
What after AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result?
After the declaration of AIIMS MBBS result and merit list, candidates will be called for counselling and seats allotment. The first round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2017 is to commence from July 3 to 6, 2017. The candidates who were listed in rank-wise and roll number-wise result must download the rank letter indicating the date, time and venue of counselling. AIIMS MBBS counselling for admission in AIIMS, New Delhi and 06 other AIIMS centres will be held at Jawahar Lal Nehru Auditorium (JLNA), AIIMS, New Delhi. The admission of selected candidates for 707 MBBS seats offered by 7 AIIMS branches will be done on the basis of merit rank, preferences of courses and availability of seats.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the number of seats available in 07 AIIMS institute for different category. The below table provides seat matrix of AIIMS MBBS 2017.
|S. No.||AIIMS Institutes||General||SC||ST||OBC||OPH||Foreign||Total|
Stay tuned to, http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for more information on AIIMS MBBS 2017.