BHU MBBS 2017 Merit List – The merit list of BHU MBBS 2017 is expected to be announced in the month of June after NEET Result. Only those candidates will be listed in the merit list who will qualify the NEET 2017. It will reflect the category and marks secured by the candidate in NEET 2017. Admission into the medical and dental courses of BHU will be offered as per the order of the rank list. There are 71 MBBS and 42 BDS seats in BHU, admission into these seats will be solely based on the NEET Score. The candidates will be able to check the merit list from this page. For the detailed information on BHU MBBS 2017 Merit list, read the article below.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the NEET 2017 Merit list probably in the month of June 2017. Based on the marks secured by the applicants in NEET, merit list of BHU MBBS 2017 will be prepared.
Qualifying Marks for BHU MBBS 2017
The qualifying marks for the different category, the candidates will need to secure the qualifying percentile in the respective category. Below is the qualifying percentile for the different categories in NEET 2017
- Unreserved – 50th
- Scheduled Castes – 40th
- Scheduled Tribes – 40th
- Other Backwards Classes – 40th
- Unreserved (Physically handicapped) – 45th
- Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backwards Classes (Physically handicapped) – 40th
Tie breaking procedure for candidates appearing in NEET 2017
If marks secured by two or more than two candidates will be equal, following measures will be taken to break the tie. However, this is to be noted that these steps will be adapted only when marks will be equal in NEET 2017.
- The candidates who secured higher marks in Biology will be given better rank.
- If the above measure does not break the tie, marks secured in Chemistry will be considered and accordingly merit position will be allocated.
- If after applying both the measures given above, tie remains, the candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test will be considered.
- At last, the older candidate will be given preference.
Highlights BHU MBBS 2017 Merit List
Below are the important points related to BHU MBSS 2017 Merit list
- The candidates will be able to avail the merit list from this page as and when its announced.
- BHU MBBS 2017 Merit list will reflect the name, category, NEET 2017 Score of the candidate.
- Admission into the MBBS and BDS courses of BHU will be offered considering the reservation offered to the different categories.
- Counselling schedule of BHU MBBS 2017 is expected to release in the month of June 2017.
- For those who will apply under the All India Quota, admission will be done through NEET 2017 Counselling.
- For the state quota, the counselling will be organised by the Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Medical Sciences.