DU MBBS Admission 2017 – The admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered in the medical and dental colleges of Delhi will be granted through NEET 2017. The registration for Delhi MBBS Admission has been started in online mode. Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS & BDS courses from medical and dental colleges of Delhi must submit the filled application form of DU MBBS 2017 before 04:00 pm of July 06. The admission of Delhi MBBS 2017 is to be organised by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). DU MBBS admission 2017 is to be held for the admission to all the MBBS and BDS courses offered by government and private medical and dental institutes located in Delhi. As per the Medical Council of India (MCI), around 1150 MBBS and thousand BDS seats will be offered in the government and private medical and dental colleges of state. It must be noted that from all the government MBBS & BDS colleges of Delhi, 15% seats are reserved for All India Quota seats which will be filled through NEET counselling 2017 conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Through NEET counselling, admission will be granted to 15% All India Quota seats and Deemed Universities as well. For remaining 85% state quota seats, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will prepare a new merit list derived from NEET 2017 merit list. As per the state merit rank, Delhi MBBS admission will be granted through counselling for 85% state quota seats in all government as well as private medical and dental colleges of Delhi. For more information on DU MBBS admission 2017 application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, merit list and counselling, read the article below.
Latest: DU MBBS 2017 Application Form available here
DU MBBS Admission 2017
Candidates can check the admission criteria in medical and dental colleges of Delhi.
|S. No.||DU MBBS 2017 Seat Distribution||DU MBBS 2017 Admission Criteria|
|1||15% All India Quota Seats||Centralized counselling by MCC based on NEET 2017 merit list for 15% All India Quota Seats|
|2||Deemed University Admission 2017||Centralized counselling by MCC on the basis of NEET 2017 score and merit list|
|3||85% State Quota Seats||Common Centralized counselling by admission committee of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, based on state merit list derived from NEET 2017 score|
|4||Private and Minority MBBS admission 2017|
Before applying for DU MBBS admission 2017, candidates must fulfill certain eligibility conditions mentioned below as set by the authority.
- Nationality: Candidates must be citizen of India
- Domicile: It is mandatory for the candidates to be a domicile of Delhi
- Age: The candidates must have completed age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2017. Candidates completing age 17 years on or after January 01, 2018, will not be considered for admission. The upper age limit for admission is 25 years as on December 31, 2017. The relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for the candidates from SC/ST/OBC category
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should also have to fulfill specified academic conditions, which are:
Candidates must have passed class 12 from CBSE/CISCE/Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English from a recognised school located in national capital territory of Delhi only. They must also secure minimum marks to be considered qualified for DU MBBS admission 2017
- Candidates qualifying 12th examination from Pratrachar Vidyalaya or National Institute of Open Schooling will not be considered eligible for admission
|S. No.||Category||Minimum marks|
|1.||General||50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English|
|2.||SC/ST/OBC||40% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English|
|3.||General-PWD||Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs must secure a minimum of 45% for general-PWD|
|4.||SC/ST/OBC-PWD||40% marks are required for person with locomotor disability belonging to SC/ST/OCB|
- All the eligible female candidates outside Delhi under SC/ST/C.W. categories and have passed class 12th from Indian Universities/Board of Foreign Universities/Central Board can be granted admission to Lady Harding Medical College for only against their category seats available.
- All the qualified candidates can fill the application form under General, SC, ST, OBC, Person with Disabilities (PWD), Children/Widows of eligible Armed Forces Personnel (C.W.)
Entrance Examination: For Delhi MBBS Admission 2017, the candidates must have appeared or qualified in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – NEET 2017. Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks of 50% for general candidates. The candidates under SC/ST/OBC must secure the minimum marks of 40% as defined by CBSE.
Medical Fitness: The candidates must be physically and mentally fit for DU MBBS admission.
Who are not eligible for Delhi MBBS Admission?
The following candidates will not be allowed for admission in DU MBBS 2017 are:
- Candidates who have not studied any one or more main subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in class 12th and have the passed the subjects as an additional subject will not be allowed for admission
- Candidates who have appeared in board examination and have placed under compartment are not eligible
- Candidates who have appeared in 10+2 examination and are reappearing for improvement are also not eligible
The application form of DU MBBS 2017 has been made available in online mode. All the qualified candidates of NEET, who wish to pursue MBBS and BDS courses from Delhi must fill the DU MBBS application form before July 06, 04:00 pm. Delhi MBBS 2017 application form has been made available by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. To register for DU MBBS Admission 2017, candidates can use the link provided in the article. In the DU MBBS application form, candidates have to enter their personal, communication address details, academic details. The candidates also have to pay the fees of Rs. 1000 as registration fees after selecting the course of their preference. The application fee can be paid in online mode through debit/credit/net banking.
Candidates appearing for Delhi MBBS Admission 2017, must be aware of all the important dates. With the help of Delhi MBBS important dates, candidates will avoid missing any event for admission procedure.
|S. No.||DU MBBS Admission Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Availability of Delhi MBBS application form||After June 26, 2017|
|2.||Last date of submission of application form in online and offline mode||July 06, 2017, 04:00 pm|
|3.||Display of Delhi MBBS 2017 merit list||3rd week of July 2017*|
|4.||Round-I of Delhi MBBS counselling||4th week of July 2017*|
* The dates mentioned above are tentative and can be changed
The merit list of DU MBBS 2017 is to be released by admission committee of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Delhi MBBS merit list will be prepared on the basis of NEET scores. All the candidates, who will qualify in NEET 2017 and submits the application form before July 06, will be listed in DU MBBS merit list. The merit list consists of name of candidates, state rank, NEET 2017 scores, roll number etc. As per the state merit rank, candidates will be called for counselling process for admission to nearly 09 medical and 06 dental colleges located in Delhi.
The counselling of Delhi MBBS 2017 will commence from 4th week of July 2017. It will be conducted by the admission committee of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Candidates must note that, according to the officials, DU MBBS counselling will be of two rounds and candidates will not vacate the seat after second round of counselling. The seats in Delhi MBBS admission 2017 will be allotted as per the rank and choices of colleges & courses preferred by candidates. Through DU MBBS admission 2017, candidates will be granted admission to government as well as private MBBS & BDS colleges in the state.
Highlights of Delhi MBBS 2017 Counselling
- The counselling of Delhi MBBS 2017 is to be done by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- DU MBBS counselling will only be held in two rounds
- DU MBBS 2017 counselling is the basis for admission to 1150 medical and thousand BDS colleges located in Delhi
- If the seats will be left vacant after second round of counselling, it will be forwarded to respective colleges
- Such colleges will grant admission to MBBS and BDS courses as per the merit list provided by the counselling committee
DU MBBS 2017 Seat Matrix
The conducting authority has published the college-wise number of seats available for each category. Check the DU MBBS 2017 seat matrix of government and private colleges under University of Delhi and GGSIPU in Delhi.
Medical and Dental Colleges under University of Delhi
|Name of College||Seats to be filled in 85% Delhi Quota Seats||Seats to be filled by D.G.H.S. 15% AIQ||Seats to be filled through “Central Pool
Medical and Dental Colleges under GGSIPU
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
|I All India Region||Category||No. of Seats|
|B. Non-Subsidized||Open to all Categories||9|
|Total of All India Region||40|
|II Delhi Region||Category||No. of Seats|
|B. Non-Subsidized||Open for all categories||16|
|Total of Delhi Region||81|
|III All India Quota Seats to be filled through NEET 2017||23|
|IV Central Pool of Allocation||6|
|Grand Total: I+II+III+IV||150|
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College) Hindu Rao Hospital
|S. No.||Category||Number of Seats|
|5||15% for All India Quota Seats||8|
Army College of Medical Sciences
|S. No.||Category||Number of Seats|
|1||Seats for the Army Personnel||82|
Babasaheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital
|S.No.||Category||No. of Seat|
|5||15% of all India Quota to be filled by successful candidates of AIPMT by the Centralized Counselling (Not by the University)||15|
Stay tuned to, http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for more information on Delhi MBBS Admission 2017.