JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling – The counselling of JIPMER PG 2017 July session will commence from June 13, 2017. For UR, SC, ST, OBC and institute candidates, the counselling is to be conducted on June 14, 2017. However, for Pwd-OPH and sponsored candidates, it will be held on June 13, 2017. Admission into the MD/MS courses of JIPMER will be offered on the basis of merit position of the candidates. The merit list and rank card of JIPMER PG 2017 has been released by the JIPMER, the candidates can check the result using the link provided below. For the complete schedule and venue of JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling, read the article.
The entrance examination was held on May 21, 2017, in the online mode. The qualifiers of JIPMER PG 2017 will have to undergo document verification and medical examination to secure a seat in the Institute. The candidates can check the complete details of JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling below.
JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling Schedule and rank list:
The counselling of JIPMER PG 2017 will be held category wise. For OPH -Pwd and sponsored candidates, it will be organised on June 13 and for rest of the category candidates like UR, OBC, SC, ST, the counselling is scheduled on June 14. For the details like counselling venue and list of the eligible candidates, go through the pdf given below.
Step 1: Counselling Process:
- The first counselling process for the seat allotment for MD/MS courses is scheduled to be held on June 13.
- Candidates will be asked to come in batches for counselling as per the merit list and the counselling schedule
- JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling will be done according to the category rank (UR/INST/OBC/SC/ST and more).
- Candidates have to be physically present during JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling as Biometric finger printing will be done. The biometric data will be matched with the pre-existing data of candidates.
- Candidates absent during counselling will not be able to get admission into the institute.
If a candidate misses the first counselling session, he/she will not be allowed to join the second counselling session.
Step 2: Verification of Documents
Candidates who successfully qualify will be asked to bring various documents for verification. These documents have to be submitted to the JIPMER authorities and are important for the admission of the candidate.
Listed below are the documents candidates need to bring during counselling:
- JIPMER PG 2017 Rank Letter
- JIPMER 2017 Admit Card with the seal of the invigilator.
- Certificate of Residence
- Birth certificate
- Proof of registration as OCI.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration certificate
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate.
- Conduct, Transfer and Migration certificates from the last attended institute.
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding his/her caste.
- Certificate recognizing the candidate from the Institute last studied.
- Last three years of Income Tax returns certificates should be submitted by the OBC candidates.
- SC/ST candidates should submit their certificate signed by a competent authority.
- Service candidate should produce NOC/Relieving order and a certificate granting study leave.
- Medical certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Four Passport size colour photo
Step 3: Allotment of Seats and Payment of Fees
After document verification and biometric finger printing will be done, the selected candidates are allotted seats into the institute. Applicants taking up a seat after counselling will have to pay the admission fees, academic fees, learning resource fees & corpus fund on the counselling day. Online payment will be available for the applicants.
Given below is the fee structure of JIPMER PG 2017.
Tuition Fee/Admission Fee
|S.No||Description||MD/MS (Fee in INR)|
|1.||Admission fee (One time)||3,000.00|
|2.||Academic fee (Annual)||2,200.00|
|3.||Learning Resource Fee (One Time)||9,000.00|
|S.No||Description||MD/MS (Fee in INR)|
|1.||Establishment charges (Annual)||5,000.00|
|2.||Hostel caution deposit||1,000.00|
Step 4 – Medical Examination
Shortlisted applicants who have been allotted seats will be required to undergo medical examination constituted by the JIPMER Medical Board. After successfully completing their medical examination, the applicants will have to report with the following documents downloaded from the JIPMER website:
- Agreement for Junior Residents: Format to be downloaded, typed in a stamped paper of Rs. 10 and duly executed by the applicant.
- Undertaking: Format to be downloaded in a green bond paper, hand-written and signed by the applicant.
- Bio-data of the Postgraduate Applicant – Format to be downloaded, hand-written and signed by the applicant.
- Bio-data-1 (for Service book) – The format is to be downloaded, hand-written and signed by the applicant.
JIPMER PG 2017 Second Round of Counselling:
- The second counselling will be held if there are still vacant seats available.
- The candidate who is present for the first counselling but does not opt at his/her category rank will be eligible to attend second counselling.
- The entire process of the second round of counselling will be the same as the first round of counselling.
JIPMER PG 2017 Third Round of Counselling:
- Final open round of counselling will be held if any more seats are still vacant for the postgraduate courses. All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend this final counselling irrespective of their previous attendance.
- The counselling process for the third round of counselling will be the same as the first and second round of counselling.
JIPMER PG 2017 Contracts and Emoluments:
All Postgraduate students will be required to enter into a contract as prescribed by the Institute. The conditions of the contract are:
- All the candidates, admitted to various courses, will be appointed as ‘Junior Resident’ during the period of the course. The total duration of the salary period of Junior residents shall not exceed three years.
- The candidates admitted to Degree course will be paid as per the pay scales and other allowances admissible under rules and as approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India from time to time.
- During the period of the Junior Residency, candidates are not eligible to receive or apply for Scholarship / Financial Assistance / Salary / Railway concessions of any kind, etc. from any other source as they are in a stipendiary post fixed by the Government. Private Medical practice is not permitted during the period of Post Graduate course.
- If the Junior Resident is suspended from duty in connection with any investigation into his / her conduct, he / she shall not be entitled to any emoluments during such a period of suspension.