PGIMER 2017 Result – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) has declared PGIMER 2017 July session result on May 16, 2017, online. The link to check the PGIMER result is provided below. To download PGIMER 2017 result, candidates need to provide date of birth and roll number in the login window. Based on the marks secured by the qualified candidates, admission into MD/MS and MDS courses of PGIMER will be offered. The counselling of PGIMER 2017 July session will be organised in 3 rounds and as per the availability of seats, rank of the candidate, the admission will be offered. For the details like process of download PGIMER 2017 result, qualifying cutoff, tie breaking process, highlights, read the article below.
Steps to Download PGIMER 2017 Result
The result of PGIMER 2017 has been declared. Below are the steps to be followed to download PGIMER 2017 Result.
- Click on the link provided on the page to access PGIMER 2017 Result.
- PGIMER 2017 result window displays on the screen
- Enter Roll number and Date of birth in the respective column
- Afte this, click on the “search” button.
- The PGIMER 2017 result displays on the screen.
- The candidates are advised to download the result and retain 2-3 hard copies of the same
PGIMER 2017 Result (July session) Released – Check Here
PGIMER 2017 Qualifying Cutoff
Listed below is the qualifying cutoff for PGIMER 2017 examination. Candidates who secure the following cutoff will be qualified for admission into the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education Research.
|1.||Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|2.||OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|3.||Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
PGIMER 2017 Result Important Points
- PGIMER 2017 Result is computerised
- The result of PGIMER 2017 is concluded through an objective assessment which is free from human bias and subjectivity.
- The percentage score of PGIMER 2017 exam is calculated using the formula [x/a-y/b] x 100.
For example: Let us assume a candidate has marked 580 responses as correct out of 600 correct responses in a question paper. Out of the marked 580 responses, 450 are truly correct and the remaining 130 are incorrect, then a = 600, b = 650, x = 450 and y = 130. Therefore the percentage score will be: [(450/600) – (130/650)] x 100 = 55.0.
- PGIMER will prepare an overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates irrespective of their category.
- Candidates who secure the required percentile according to their category will qualify for admission.
- A combined General list merit list will also be prepared in addition to the category list.
PGIMER 2017 Inter-Se Merit
If two or more PGIMER 2017 candidates score same percentile scores in the examination, then selected will be done through the following rules of inter-se merit:
- The Candidate who has scored higher marks in MBBS examination will be ranked higher to the candidate who has scored lower marks.
- The Candidate who is senior in age will be ranked higher than the candidate who is junior in age in case of both candidates having same aggregate marks.
The counselling session of PGIMER 2017 for July session will start from June 16, 2017. The candidates who successfully secure the minimum qualifying percentile will be called in for counselling according to the merit list for allocation of seats. Selected candidates will be admitted into the institute as Junior Residents and will be on contract terms for three years. For more details, check PGIMER Counselling 2017.