Preparation Tips for NEET 2017: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) which will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is scheduled to be held in May 2017. With the D-Day coming closer, students who wish to pursue medical education are busy preparing for this annual national medical entrance examination. NEET has recently been introduced as the single entrance test for medical admissions in India. Because of this reason, many students have been left confused about the structure of NEET. All medical aspirants will have to score well to get admissions into the Government and Private medical institutes of the nation. With the correct preparation methods and positive mindset, the students can aim for a good and satisfactory result.
Preparing for NEET is not an easy task to do. It requires hard-work and dedication and full concentration of the students. With these three basics set, the students will be able to focus on their studies and produce better results. Of course, all work and no play is also not a positive point. Relaxation of mind will also be required to start understanding the studied material in a fresh way. In this article we will be looking at such tips which will make the preparation process of the students attempting NEET much smoother.
Preparation Tips for NEET 2017
1. Know Your Syllabus Well – For the first step of preparation, it is very important to know the syllabus well. Good and well-informed information about the syllabus makes it easier for the students to plan out their studying time and methods. As mostly NCERT syllabus is covered by NEET, compare the syllabus with the 10+2th standard syllabus. Knowing the syllabus will let you concentrate on the areas where most preparation is required.
2. Make a Time Table – The next thing to do when commencing your preparation is to make a standard time table for your studies. Dividing your time and allotting each time period for a particular subject or chapter will give you the opportunity to cover the syllabus uniformly. Making a time schedule by allotting different syllabus at different schedules will also break the monotony. Following the created time table will ensure that you complete your syllabus that you need to study well before the final examination.
3. Work On Your Weaker Areas – There are many cases when you might be good at one particular subject or chapter but weak in another. While studying, work on your weaker areas and try to strengthen them. Constant revising of the weaker areas or asking for guidance from a teacher or friend may help you. Strengthening the subjects or chapters which are not of your greatest advantage will lend a helping hand to scoring more in the examination.
4. Divide and Rule – Breakdown of the syllabus into smaller parts will help you study each part in a better way. Dividing the syllabus and allotting a specific time to each part will help in covering the syllabus in a more efficient way. Using this method also help freshen up the minds with new concepts and terms. Dividing the syllabus will help in studying a part of all the subjects in the entire syllabus within a day.
5. Make Notes – Creating notes for the terms and concepts learned within a day of study everyday will make revising much easier. The difficult terms and concepts along with their meaning in simple words can be written down for revision. Quick revision from these notes will make sure that you keep remembering all of the difficult terms. Flash cards can also be created for easy to access revision material anywhere at anytime.
6. Attempt Sample Papers & Mock Tests – One of the best preparation methods while preparing for NEET is the solving of sample papers and mock tests. Sample papers will put your preparation on test on a practical basis. Solving sample papers helps with understanding the question paper pattern along with revising the studied material. Structure of the exam pattern can also be referenced from the sample paper. Mock Tests helps with time management. Completing the entire examination within the allotted time is important to qualify NEET and for this time management is mandatory. Solving mock tests within the given time limit will help the students learn how to solve all questions within the time allotted. Solve the test earlier so that time for revision is left.
7. Stay Relaxed & Healthy – Health, both physical and mental, is important during the preparation period. Stay healthy by eating nutritious food and getting enough sleep. Short breaks between study sessions are also recommended. Watching a short movie or going out for walks helps to refresh the mind and the studied material is retained well. Stay relaxed and focused while studying for the examination.
NEET 2017 Preparation Books
Listed below are some books which can be used by the students for preparation of NEET 2017.
|S.No||Name of the Book|
|1||NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII|
|2||NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2|
|3||Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2|
|4||Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry|
|5||Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma|
|7||Objective Biology by Dinesh|
|8||D C Pandey Objective Physics|
|9||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry|
For any question and query comment below