SMU MBBS Admission 2017 – Admission into the MBBS Course of SMU will be offered on the basis of NEET score. There are 50 seats in MBBS course. It is expected that the admission procedure will commence in the month of July 2017. North East category candidates from the following region will be eligible to apply, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur and Sikkim. However, it is mandatory for the candidates coming from these regions to produce the Domicile certificate. Seat matrix for the session 2017 along with the dates for commencement of classes have been issued. For the details on schedule, eligibility, application procedure, seat matrix and counselling of SMU MBBS Admission 2017, read the article below.
The candidates interested to appear for the admission procedure of the SMU MBBS 2017 will need to qualify the NEET 2017 as the admission will be offered on the basis of score secured in the single window entrance examination
Salient features of SMU MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination: There will not be any entrance examination as the admission will be offered on the basis of NEET score
Counselling Body: Sikkim Manipal University
Courses offered: MBBS
Number of seats: 50 MBBS
Duration of the course:
MBBS – 4 and a half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
The candidates willing to appear for the admission procedure of Sikkim Manipal University will need to keep regular track of all the important events related to the admission procedure.
|1.||Availability of the SMU MBBS 2017 Application Form||July, 2017|
|2.||Last date to fill and submit the application form||July, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of the SMU MBBS 2017 Merit list||July, 2017|
|4.||SMU MBBS 2017 Counselling||July, 2017|
|5.||Commencement of classes||August 1, 2017|
|6.||Admission against the seat arising due to any reason||August 31, 2017|
The candidates appearing for the admission procedure of the Sikkim Manipal University will need to fulfill the given set of conditions mentioned below.
- The candidate must be 17 years old at the time of admission
- The candidate should have qualified 10+2 with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- The candidates belonging to the General category will need to score 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology in qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe will need to secure 40% in qualifying examination.
- It is mandatory for all the applicants to qualify NEET 2017 in order to participate in the admission procedure of SMU MBBS 2017
- The candidates should also go through NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
SMU MBBS 2017 Seat Matrix and Reservation
|Course||General||North East||Defense||Sikkim Govt.||NRI/NRI Sponsored|
In total, there are 50 seats in the MBBS course
- The link to the application form will be provided after its announced.
- The interested candidates need to click on the given link and download the application form
- Afterwards, enter personal, educational and address details in the application form.
- Use only black or blue Hi-Tec type pen to fill up the form.
- The application fee is Rs. 2000, the candidates can make the payment via demand draft.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of ‘Sikkim Manipal University’ payable at Gangtok. The application number (if any) and candidate’s name should be mentioned on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- The candidates will need to send the application form to 5 Mile, Tadong, Gangtok – 737102, Sikkim th Phone: +91 3592 270389 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.smu.edu.in
- Also, the candidates must retain one copy of the application form for the future reference
- The candidates will also need to fill and submit the NEET 2017 Application Form
- The merit list of the SMU MBBS 2017 will be prepared from the NEET 2017 Merit list
- The merit list will be available as per the category of the candidate
- The candidates will be able to access the SMU MBBS 2017 Merit list from this page after its announced.
- The seat will be allocated to the candidates as per the order of the merit list
- The counselling will be organised in the offline mode, the candidates will be notified about the counselling on official website. Also, the schedule will be provided here as well.
- The candidates will need to bring the necessary documents along with one set of photocopy. Theses certificates will be verified
- The candidates will be given chance to exercise the options as per the order of the merit list and accordingly seats will be allocated.
- Only the candidate/representative will be allowed into the counseling hall.
- The candidates are permitted to choose any of the seats available during their turn
- If a candidate is prevented by unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counseling, he/she may authorize another individual to represent him/her at the counseling
- This representative will need to carry the authorization letter and must bring all documents and full fee
- The choice of course made by the candidate/ representative is final and binding and cannot be altered under any circumstances
- After the seat allotment, the candidate will need to report at the allocated college within prescribed duration.
Documents to be produced at the time of the counselling
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- Date of birth / Class X Pass Certificate
- Marks sheet of 10th pass exam
- Marks sheet of 10+2/ diploma
- Conduct and character certificate to be obtained on the school/college letter head/pad. No other certificate in lieu of this will be accepted.
- Transfer certificate or school/college leaving certificate issued by the school/college.
- No other certificate in lieu of this will be accepted.
- Migration certificate from previous University/ Board.
- Sponsoring/domicile certificates for various reserved categories.
- Documents as required for admission in Defence, North East, PMF and NRI categories.
- Four recent and identical passport size photographs.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration forms
SMU MBBS 2017 fee structure
Annual Lump Sum
Payment of fee in installment
|1st year||2nd year|
|1st Installment||2nd Installment||1st Installment||2nd Installment|
Note – There is 20% concessional and 10% with full course fees on Sikkim Government quota seat
5 Mile, Tadong, Gangtok – 737102, Sikkim
Phone: +91 3592 270389
E-mail: email@example.com www.smu.edu.in
The information provided here is based on the previous year details, it will be updated as soon as the latest brochure is issued
For more on SMU MBBS Admission 2017, stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/