Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List – The provisional merit list of Telangana MBBS 2017 has been released on July 20. The admission committee of Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Telangana, has published the list of candidates appeared for NEET 2017 from the state. Candidates can check the list in the arrticle below. After the completion of document verification, the final Telangana MBBS 2017 merit list will be published. The Telangana Medical merit list includes state rank, NEET roll number, names of candidates, category, total marks and NEET rank.
On the basis of Telangana MBBS merit list 2017, the qualified candidates are allowed to participate in the counselling session for admission to around 3000 MBBS and 1000 BDS seats offered in medical and dental colleges of Telangana. The Telangana MBBS merit list only includes names of candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in NEET 2017. As per the qualifying criteria of NEET, a general category candidate must secure 50th percentile, whereas, SC/ST/OBC and PH candidates have to secure a minimum of 40th and 45th percentile, respectively.
Through Telangana MBBS 2017 merit list, state quota seats will be granted to the domicile of candidates. The state does not share their 15% All India Quota seats for NEET counselling. Therefore, the candidates from Telangana are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats allotted through NEET counselling by MCC. As per the data of Medical Council of India (MCI), Telangana MBBS admission 2017 is the basis for admission to nearly 3000 MBBS seats and thousand BDS seats offered in government as well as private medical colleges of state.
Telangana MBBS 2017 Cutoff
Process to check Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List
Candidates can check the process to download Telangana MBBS merit list 2017 below.
- TheTelangana MBBS merit list can be downloaded from the link provided below
- Thereafter, candidates need to match and verify their name and NEET roll number
- The state rank of candidates inTelangana MBBS merit list is provided as per their NEET 2017 score
Latest: Provisional Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List Announced Check here or check window below
Telangana MBBS 2017 Not Eligible List for MBBS/BDS 2017 Candidates Click Here or check window below
Note: Candidates must note that NEET 2017 is the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS and BDS courses across the country. NEET was conducted on May 07, 2017. NEET result was announced on June 23, 2017, along with NEET merit list.
Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List – Tie Breaking Mechanism
Sometimes marks secured by two or more than two candidates are equal, in such cases tie breaking procedure is adapted. Below are the methods to be adopted to conclude one rank
- Firstly, the total marks secured in NEET 2017 will be considered.
- If the above measure does not break the tie, then the marks secured in Biology will be considered and accordingly rank will be allocated.
- Even if the above criteria does not break the tie, marks secured by the candidates in Physics will be considered and the candidates possessing higher marks will be given preference.
- If after all the above measures, tie remains the Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination will be considered.
- After applying all the above measures, tie remains, the older candidate will be allocated better rank.
Note: The weightage of marks in the case of candidates belonging to the category of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders, will be decided by a committee constituted by the competent authority.
Highlights of Telangana MBBS 2017 Merit List
The name of the qualified candidates will be listed in the merit List of Telangana MBBS 2017, below are the important points related to the rank list
- The candidates will be able to access the merit list from this page as and when announced.
- In Telangana MBBS merit list, the name of the qualified candidates along with category and percentile secured will be mentioned.
- The rank secured by the candidates will be valid only for one year based on which the candidate will be able to take admission in session 2017- 2018
- For the different categories, the qualifying criteria will vary, all the applicants will need to pass the NEET 2017
- For General category candidates qualifying percentile is 50th
- Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe will need to score 40th percentile
- Physically handicapped category candidates will need to secure 45th percentile
- If the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category are not able to produce the certificate in support of the reservation claimed by them, admission will not be offered to them.
Stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/, for more information on Telangana MBBS Admission 2017. In case of any query, comment down below.