Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017: Registrations for the admission process of Uttarakhand will tentatively start in the 4th week of June, 2017. The state level entrance examination of Uttarakhand will not be conducted, instead counselling sessions will be held to grant admissions to eligible applicants. Admissions will be done based strictly on the ranking of the applicant in NEET 2017. Those applicants who have been declared qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) are eligible to apply for the admission process. The counselling session will be held to allot seats to all qualified applicants. Read Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 for details about important dates, eligibility criteria, admission procedure and counselling.
The state of Uttarakhand will be conducting admissions for the 85% State Quota seats. All eligible applicants of the state will be able to apply and participate in the admission procedure of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017. All admissions will be relied on NEET 2017 due to the Supreme Court of India’s order to make NEET a centralized medical entrance examination.
Applicants can check NEET 2017 Important Dates for the schedule of the national level entrance examination. Since admissions will be done based on NEET 2017, Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 dates will be tentatively scheduled after the release of NEET 2017 Result.
Salient Features of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
- Entrance Examination: NEET 2017
- Admission Committee: H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU), Dehradun
- Course: MBBS and BDS
- Number of Seats: 220 (MBBS) and 100 (BDS) Seats
- Duration of Course:
MBBS: 4½ years and 1 year of compulsory internship
BDS: 4 years and 1 year of compulsory internship
Participating Institutes & Total Seat Matrix of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The list of the participating institutes and total seat matrix of the state of Uttarakhand is listed below:
|S.NO||Name of the Participating Institute||Total Number of Seats|
|1||Govt. Medical College, Srinagar, Pauri Garhwal||85|
|2||Govt. Medical College, Haldwani||85|
|3||Govt. Medical College, Dehradun||**|
|4||Himalayan Institute of Medical and Health Science, Dehradun||25|
|5||Shri Guru Ramrai Medical College, Dehradun||25|
|6||Seema Dental College, Rishikesh||50|
|7||Uttaranchal Dental College, Dehradun||50|
**The total number of seats for the Govt. Medical College will be given by the Government of India/Medical Counselling of India/State Government and will be announced during the time of counselling.
Important Dates of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The registrations for the counselling session of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 will tentatively start in the 4th week of June, 2017. Applicants can check the important dates of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 below to know the tentative dates of the various admission events.
|S.NO||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Round 1 -Online Registrations and Choice Filling||4th week of June, 2017|
|2||Round 1 – Display of Merit List||1st week of July, 2017|
|3||Round 1 – Declaration of Result||1st week of July, 2017|
|4||Round 1 – Last Date for Joining the Allotted College||2nd week of July, 2017|
|5||Round 2 – Display of New Seat Matrix||3rd week of July, 2017|
|6||Round 2 – Fresh Choice Filling||3rd week of July, 2017|
|7||Round 2 – Declaration of Result||3rd week of July, 2017|
|8||Spot Admission (if required)||4th week of July, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The applicant should fulfil all eligibility criteria set by the H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU) to get admission in one of the various medical and dental colleges under Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017. The eligibility criteria of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 are listed below:
- Nationality: The applicant should be of Indian nationality
- Age: Must be 17 years of age on or before December 21, 2017.
- Upper Limit: The upper limit in age for the applicant is 25 years. SC/ST/OBC applicants enjoy a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant must have qualified 10+2 examination from a recognized institute with Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English as part of the curriculum.
- Marks Requirement: Must have passed individually in English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics in the 10+2 examination. General category applicants must have secured 50% marks as an aggregate of Chemistry, Biology and Physics in 10+2 exam while reserved category applicants must have scored 40% marks together in Chemistry, Physics and Biology. PH applicants of the general category are required to score 45% marks.
- NEET 2017: General category applicants have to secure 50th Percentile in NEET 2017 and reserved category applicants need to score 40th Percentile.
- Domicile Requirements: The applicants must be residents of Uttarakhand. In order to be eligible for admission, the applicant may not be a resident of Uttarakhand, but he/she must have completed his/her 10+2 examination from a recognized institute of Uttarakhand. Applicants who are permanent residents of Uttarakhand but have studied completed 10+2 from a recognized institute outside the state will also be eligible for admission.
Application Procedure of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The online applications for Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 will be available online tentatively from the 4th week of June, 2017. Applicants will have to register themselves to fill the application form. During registration, details such as the name of the applicant and his/her valid mobile number will need to be filled in. A verification code will be sent to the registered mobile number following which the applicant will be able to login to the home page to fill the application form. Personal details of the applicant will have to be provided along with the contact information, educational information and NEET 2017 details. After the uploading of required documents, the applicants will have to pay the application fees through online mode. After payment of fees, the applicants will have to choose their colleges and courses in order of preference and submit the form. A print out has to be taken of the online application form to be kept for future use.
Application Fee of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
While filling up the online application form of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017, the applicants will have to pay the application fees. The application fees will have to be paid via online payment (net banking/credit card/debit card).
|1||General Category||Rs. 2000|
|2||SC/ST Category||Rs. 1400|
Merit List of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The merit list of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 will be released tentatively in the 1st week of July, 2017 by the H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU), Dehradun. The merit list of the qualified applicants for counselling will be based on the ranking of the applicants in NEET 2017 and the fulfilment of eligibility criteria by them.
Counselling of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017
The counselling process will be held tentatively in the 1st week of July, 2017 and will be conducted by the H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU), Dehradun. The counselling will be done in online mode and applicants will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the merit list and their preference given in the application form. The successful applicants will be provided with their allotment letter and they will have to report to their allotted institute for document verification and payment of tuition fees. The applicants will have to report to their allotted institute within the time specified in their allotment letter. Failure to complete their admission within the prescribed time will lead to the disqualification of the applicant.
If there are still vacant seats left after the first round of counselling, then the state will hold the second round of counselling. For the second round, applicants will have to go through fresh choice filling and locking. Failure to fill new choices will lead to the disqualification of the applicant.
List of Documents to be submitted during Counselling
The following list of documents is to be submitted during document verification at the allotted institute of the applicant:
- 10th standard certificate to act as proof of birth.
- 10+2 examination mark sheet.
- NEET 2017 Result
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Print out of the application form of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017.
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
H.N.B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun
Camp Office : 123, Ganga Vihar,
Behind Roadways Workshop,
Haridwar Road, Dehradun -248001
This article is based on previous year’s data. Updated details of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2017 will be available soon. Keep tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/