What’s New in NEET 2017 – All the aspirants will have to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 for the admissions into medical colleges across the nation. The offline exam will be held on May 07, 2017. As per the latest notification by the conducting authority, the candidates appearing for NEET 2017, will be counted as the first attempt. The previous year attempts of the candidates will not be considered for admissions. The candidates who were not able to fill the Application Form of NEET 2017 due to three attempts can submit their filled in application form. The online registrations has been started from January 31, 2017. Candidates passed/pursuing qualifying examination will be eligible to apply. The last date to apply is March 01, 2017. The paper will contain 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 15% of the seats in government medical and dental colleges lies under All India Quota. Such candidates will be granted admission on the basis of NEET.
What’s New in NEET 2017
- 23 new cities have been added in the list of NEET 2017 exam centres. Now, there are total 103 NEET 2017 exam centres. When the brochure was released, there were only 84 cities which have now been increased to 103.
- The number of registered candidates for NEET 2017 is 11,35,104. This is the highest number of applications received for NEET till date.
- For the year 2017, it is mandatory for the candidates to fill the Aadhaar Card number in Application Form of NEET 2017. Candidates without Aadhaar Card will not be allowed to appear in the test.
- For the convenience of applicants, the CBSE has specially set up the facilitation centres in each city of the examination for the purpose of Aadhaar Card. The candidates can reach at these facilitation centres for Aadhaar card, in which no amount will be charged from such candidates.
- If the Aadhaar enrollment facility is not available in the centre, the candidates must submit a request for Aadhaar enrollment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such candidates. This registration number must be entered while filling the NEET 2017 Application Form.
- However, the candidates from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam, who do not have the Aadhaar Number need to enter their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid government identity proof.
- While filling the application form, the Indian nationals from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir must enter Aadhaar number. In case the candidates do not have to Aadhaar number can enter ration card number, registration number issued by the facilitation centre, bank account number, passport number or any other government approved identity proof number.
- The general category candidates, born on or between May 08, 1992 and January 01, 2001, will be permitted for NEET, as per NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017.
- Moreover, the candidates under reserved category should be born on or between May 08, 1987 and January 01, 2001, will be eligible to appear for entrance examination.
- The NEET 2017 Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates by post. It will be available online. When the candidates will download the hall ticket, a mail with the pdf file will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- In the year 2017, other than the previous year tie-breaking/inter-se methodology, the candidates with less number of incorrect answers in all the subjects will be considered for admission.
- The waiting list of the candidates will be equal to the 4 times of the merit list or so if required by DGHS.
For more recent updates on NEET 2017, stay connected with us on, http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/