Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA) will conduct UPCMET 2016 (U.P. Combined Medical Entrance Test ) on 30 May 2016. The application process has commenced on 20 October 2015. Aspirants can submit their applications via online or offline mode. Last date of submission/receipt of applications for UPCMET 2016 is 11 May 2016. Approximately, 2000 MBBS seats will be offered to the deserving candidates this year through UPCMET 2016.
UPCMET 2016 Schedule
- Availability of application form starts from – 20 October 2015
- Last date of form submission – 11 May 2016
- Date of entrance examination – 30 May 2016
- Date of result declaration - By first week of June 2016
- Counselling - After 15 July 2016
- Name of the exam – UPCMET 2016
- Full form – Uttar Pradesh Common Medical Entrance Test 2016
- Courses offered – MBBS, BDS
- Exam type – Undergraduate/Postgraduate
- Exam level – State level
- Conducting body - Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association
UPCMET 2016 Selection Process
Candidates shall be selected on the basis of performance in the entrance test. A merit list shall be created later on the basis of the marks obtained in the exam. Selected candidates would get the chance to mark the options of colleges and courses in the order of priority.
UPCMET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must meet all the terms of eligibility to become eligible for admission process. It is a set of terms and conditions defined in the aspects of age, education and nationality.
- Candidate must complete 17 years of age on 31 December 2015.
- Only Indian citizens can apply for admissions.
- It is necessary to pass class XII exam from UP Board or ISC or CBSE or its equivalent board.
- He must have studied English as a subject and secured a minimum 50% (45% in case of SC/ST) marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (including practical examination) taken together.
- Candidates appearing in 2016 are eligible as well however they have to produce mark-sheet of class XII at the time of counselling.
UPCMET 2016 Reservation
Reservation will be granted to the candidates belonging to reserved category. Norms set by government of India shall be followed and category will be determined on the basis of list published by government of Uttar Pradesh.
UPCMET 2016 Application Form
To register for the exam, candidates have to fill an application form. All the details in the form must be filled correctly and completely else it would be rejected in the screening process. Candidates can fill the application form in the following ways, which consist of offline and online modes.
- Get application form and brochure in person from the cash counters of the member colleges.
- Make cash payment of Rs.1000 over the counter.
- You can get application via post from “Co-ordinator, UPCMET 2015, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243001” by sending Demand Draft of Rs.1050 in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly” along with two self-addressed stickers.
- Download the application from official website
- Print the same on A4 sized sheet.
- Fill the application form correctly and completely.
- Send it along with demand draft of Rs.1000 in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly (U.P.)” to the “Coordinator – UPCMET 2015, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly - 243001”.
- Access the official website.
- Fill the application form and upload images of signature, recent color passport size photo and left hand thumb impression.
- Fill the number of the demand draft in the designated place.
- Generate the confirmation page printout and send it along with a demand draft of Rs.1000 in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly (U.P.)” via speed post to “Coordinator – UPCMET 2015, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly 243001”.
Note: If images are not uploaded in the application form, paste the same on the confirmation page. You can contact admission officials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any problem.
- Acquire the application form and brochure from authorized vendors.
- List of vendors available on website UPCMET.
Documents to Be Attached With the Application Form
You have to enclose the following documents with the application form, without which your registration would stand invalid.
- Photocopy of class XII mark-sheet duly attested by gazette officer.
- Photocopy of class X mark-sheet duly attested by gazette officer.
- Photocopy of caste certificate for SC/ST candidates duly attested by authorized officer.
- Photocopy of caste certificate for OBC candidates issued after 31 March 2015
- Four copies of the recent colored passport size photograph.
UPCMET 2016 Admit Card
- Admit card can be downloaded from the website www.upumcwa.org by 15 May 2016.
- You can get duplicate admit card one day before the exam from the examination centre opted by the candidate.
- Carry two passport photos, Rs.100 as duplicate card fees, photocopy of the application form, proof of submitting application form and photo proof of identity having photograph.
- Bring the original admit card to the exam hall to gain entry.
- Keep the card safe and preserved till the admission process is complete.
- No modification of any sort must be done on the admit card.
- Do not tamper, mutilate, soil or fold the admit card.
UPCMET 2016 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is a blue-print of the exam and the question paper. Here are the points of exam pattern for the candidates to read and refer. Following this would enable them to plan their paper better and score more marks in the exam.
- There shall be two papers in the exam.
- Paper 1 will be of physics and biology.
- Paper 2 will be of general English.
- Paper 1 will be held from 9:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Paper 2 will be held from 11:45 am to 12:15 pm.
- Paper 1 will have two sections.
- Section A will be of physics and section B will be of biology.
- Questions in physics – 50.
- Questions in chemistry – 50.
- Paper 2 will have two sections.
- Section A will be of zoology and section B will be of botany.
- Questions in zoology - 50.
- Questions in botany – 50.
- Paper 2 will have 50 questions.
- Total number of questions in the exam – 250.
- For merit, 200 marks would be considered as maximum marks.
- Minimum cut-off pass percentage of marks in Paper 1 shall be 50% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC) and 50% in Paper 2 (40% for SC/ST/OBC) to be secured in this test.
- Merit shall be determined on the basis of paper 1 only.
- For each wrong answer, ¼ marks will be cut.
- Multiply answered questions will be taken as wrong.
- Use only black ball point pen to mark answers.
UPCMET 2016 Exam Centers
Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Barabanki, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, New Delhi, Patna, Ranchi, Varanasi
UPCMET 2016 Result and Merit List
- The result of UPCMET 2016 will be released in the first week of June 2016
- Candidates will be able to check it by accessing the link above and by submitting the Form Number and the Roll Number, in the required space
- In the result, the scores and the rank secured by the candidates shall be revealed
- Evaluation of answers will be done through the computer
- Merit list will be created on the basis of average percentage of total marks in Paper 1, subjected to minimum cut off
- If the marks of two or more candidates were equal, rank will be assigned as per marks in Paper 2
- If marks were same in Paper 2, candidate with higher age will be allocated the higher rank
- Result shall be only uploaded on the official website of UPCMET 2015 and will not be posted or e-mailed to the candidates
- Take printout of the result and keep several copies for reference
UPCMET 2016 Counselling
- Counselling will be held on the basis of merit candidates who have secured marks more than the cutoff.
- Details of counselling schedule will be uploaded at website.
- Check the details of participating colleges in the official brochure.
- Mark the options of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
- For filling the options, visit the aforementioned website and login using application number and password.
- For allotment, last saved choices of colleges and courses will be considered.
- You can enter as many choices as you want.
- Before the deadline, you can rearrange, add, delete the content of options any number of times.
- Allotment shall be done as per merit list ranking, choices filled and availability of seats.
- After allotment, reach the allotted institute with all the necessary documents and certificates.
- Pay the semester fees to begin with the session.