The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) is most likely to announce the West Bengal Board 12th Result 2015 in the month of May 2015. The class 12th board (Senior Secondary Examination 2015) examination has been concluded, which was commenced from 13 March 2015 till 30 March 2015. The West Bengal Board 12th Result will be declared by WBBSE in last week of May, on its official website for the immediate access of students. For complete information on how to access the results for the board exam, students can follow the pointers given below.
Procedure for download of the West Bengal Board 12th Result:
- In order to verify or check their Senior Secondary Examination Results 2015, students have to log on to the official website of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education first.
- The link for the West Bengal Board 12th Result will be listed among the subpages links under the ‘Academics’ section on the homepage of the website. Students should identify and open this link.
- On opening the link, students will have to type in their Examination Roll Number and Enrollment Number.
- Students have to then hit the ‘Submit’ tab to confirm the entries that they have made.
- A result page will be displayed thereafter, which will enable students to view a complete breakup of their marks in various subjects and their overall performance in the Senior Secondary Examination.
- Students can download this provisional mark sheet and save it on their computer system for the purpose of future reference if they wish to do so.
- The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education will issue the Original Mark Sheet soon after. Students can collect the Original Mark sheet from their respective schools within a week or as and when they are informed by their respective schools.
- The board has also made provision for Class 12 students to receive their board examination results via SMS. To receive result updates via SMS, students will have to register themselves by sending an SMS in the format prescribed to the number given by WBBSE.
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) was set up in the year 1964. The board has the twofold task of developing and regulating Secondary education in the state of West Bengal and conducting the Final Examination for schools, which was previously done by Calcutta University. There has been a manifold increase in the responsibilities and duties of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education over the years. The board started with just 1270 High Schools under its ambit, which was taken over from Calcutta University. Currently, the board has around 10,238 schools under its ambit.
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education introduced a new marking system for students appearing for the Senior Secondary Examination last year. As per the new marking system that has been introduced by the board, students can now calculate their aggregate score by eliminating any one of the two language subjects in case he/she has not scored too well in either of the language papers. However, it is mandatory that students should have passed in both the Language papers.